Terms and Conditions
Introduction to the Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Benjamin's Interiors’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Unit 2, Freemans Park, Penarth road, Cardiff. CF11 8EQ. Registered Company 8728400 | VAT Number 153264326.
The term ‘you’ or ‘Buyer’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- Please read all Terms and Conditions before making a purchase from the store or website. By purchasing from this website you are agreeing to be bound the Terms and Conditions below. Please note that these Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- Benjamin's Interiors retains the right to refuse orders that may be subject to an error on its website and in these circumstances will issue a full refund.
Limitations of Liability
- Our total liability in regard to the performance of this contract shall be limited to the value of the Goods
- Benjamin's Interiors shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential losses, costs or expenses incurred or any consequential compensation arising out of the performance/or non performance of this contract.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability which may not otherwise be limited or excluded under applicable law.
- All contracts shall be governed by English Law.
- Any order placed by the Buyer and accepted by Benjamin's Interiors is subject to the following terms and conditions unless specified in writing by a Director of Benjamin's Interiors. A confirmation of your order will be sent by post or email if preferred and, unless you are notified to the contrary within 48 hours of this confirmation, the order will be deemed to be accepted by Benjamin's Interiors
Description of goods
- The description of the goods will be as specified within the confirmation e-mail or postal receipt and it is your responsibility to check that the Goods specified are as the Buyer intended to order. This includes but is not limited to colours, sizes and specifications.
- Measurements provided on the website are for guide purposes only and may not be taken as exact. All products supplied are subject to a manufacturing tolerance of + / - 2%. The Buyer should ensure that the goods will fit into the delivery address and their intended space within the property.
- Matching of colour shades from samples, fabric designs & wood veneers or natural products will be within a commercial tolerance but cannot be guaranteed nor will they match what is shown on screen exactly. Please contact us if you need clarification or more information, photos or fabric samples.
- Goods manufactured from reclaimed wood may have holes, knocks and dints in the finish. These are intrinsic characteristics of reclaimed and natural wood and are not considered a reasonable reason for return.
- Images of products on the website are for illustrative purposes only. For clarification on any particular item please contact us. Certain items included in the illustration of a product which are not part of the product and are not included in the product description and are not part of the order, (for example, headboards, shelf packs, drawer inserts, bedside tables, dining chairs lamps and bed covers).
- In the event that a product is purchased from our website, but it is no longer available from the supplier, an alternative product can be chosen, if the alternative product is unacceptable then a refund will be given.
- We will price match any store or store website for a like for like product.
- Price match Excludes Special offers and Promotions. Please contact us for any pricing enquires [email protected]
- Full payment is required at the time the order is placed unless otherwise agreed. We reserve the right to hold goods whilst payment clears. All payments made are secure.
MIRRORED product has intentional gaps between the cut corners, this is to accommodate the natural expansion and contraction of the wooden body that occurs during fluctuating temperatures. Avoid exposing your furniture to excessive heat e.g. by placing it in front of a radiator, as this can cause cracking. Glass or mirrored panels should be cleaned using a non-solvent based glass cleaner and soft cloth, carefully avoiding contact with wooden or painted sections.
WOOD products are designed to highlight the natural beauty of wood and will often show interesting features such as knots and grain shading. These natural features will often vary from product to product and within components on the same piece so that no two pieces are the same. It is important to understand the unique properties of wood; which should not be mistaken for flaws. Each piece will have a slightly different grain pattern. Variation in colour shading and grain between different products and within the same product can occur. On distressed ranges some small splits will add to the character of the piece. These are a normal feature of all natural wood furniture.
- METAL items are most often hand crafted or hand finished. Colour can vary and slight imperfections are normal for metal crafted by hand. We feel this adds character and authenticity to these items.
- GLASS items will be similar, but never identical. Slight imperfections in the form of air bubbles, hand tool marks, pattern and colour irregularities reveal that a skilled human hand produced the glassware rather than a mass producing machine. Shapes, sizes and colours may vary from piece to piece as this is the nature of the product.
- FABRICS including PVC do not guarantee their material for colour fastness, fading, wearing quality, durability and some fabrics will change with age and exposure to sunlight or adverse reaction to environmental conditions. In addition, variations in the sheen and texture (wrinkling and natural marks) of leather may occur due to different dying and tanning processes and natural phenomena.
- STONE FINISHES such as marble and granite (including composite marble/stone/high gloss finishes) may differ in colour and veining, we cannot guarantee that the finish will be exactly as pictured. High-Gloss furniture is not scratch proof so coasters / placemats should be used where possible to minimize scratches.
- CERAMIC / POLYRESIN will vary slightly in shape and/or size, have firing marks, craze lines or glaze bubbles. This is the nature of the production process and is not a fault.
Delivery & Delivery Charges
- All deliveries are carried out by experienced external delivery drivers. We aim to use a 2 man delivery service for the large majority of our deliveries, however, small deliveries may be sent out via a 1 man service.
Delivery times are an estimate, standard delivery is approximately 1-28 days unless otherwise stated.
- Free Delivery on all orders over £500
Delivery charges apply as follows:
Orders up to and including £100 = £10 delivery charge
Orders from £101 to £200 = £20 delivery charge
Orders from £201 to £300 = £30 delivery charge
Orders from £301 to £400 = £40 Delivery charge
Orders from £401 to £499 = £50 Delivery charge
- A delivery date will be agreed with the delivery company, contact will be made with the customer directly to arrange this. Benjamin's Interiors are not liable for any loss suffered by you arising from any delay in the delivery of the product(s). Reasons for delay or non-delivery could be and not limited to: holiday periods i.e. Christmas, Easter; the delivery area is in an area of inaccessibility; or in any other causes whatsoever beyond our control.
- Please note it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure access is sufficient to receive the product(s) of your choice. We recommend that you measure the space in which the products are to be placed, and the space along the access route. If we have to abort delivery due to insufficient access the customer will be liable to pay the direct cost of delivery along with the return charges to us with the exception of bespoke items which cannot be returned.
- Generally, where an order contains more than one item, all items will be delivered at the same time once all items are available unless otherwise agreed at time of order.
- Benjamin's Interiors do not accept any blame or liability for customers removing or disposing of old beds, mattresses or sofas prior to delivery. We do advise that customers only dispose of old goods after acceptance of the new goods been delivered.
- Deliveries made to business addresses will have the Buyers authority for anybody in the building to accept the goods on the customer’s behalf. Benjamin's Interiors will accept no responsibility once the goods have been signed for at the requested address.
- Goods will be deemed to have been delivered once delivered to the specified address. Delivery is officially to the front door only. It is also the customer’s responsibility to remove all paintings, mirrors or any other objects that may get damaged or that may hinder the product during delivery. Benjamin's Interiors or its carriers will not be held responsible for any damage caused to Goods, property, fixtures or fittings during delivery. It is the Buyers responsibility to ensure all Goods will fit through any doorways and/or passageways necess. Most Goods will require some form of assembly and it is the Buyer's responsibility to assemble the Goods. Any Warranty/Guarantee offered with the Goods is only applicable for Mainland UK.
- For any unwanted items you must contact [email protected] and arrange a collection, items cannot be taken back to the store for exchange or refund as the store will only exchange or give credit on items bought in store.
- Complaints relating to faulty Goods should be notified via email with supporting photographic evidence within 2 working days of the fault becoming apparent and should be addressed to [email protected] Please note that we always require photographic evidence.
- Where Goods are reported as faulty later then seven days after delivery, we require photographic evidence of the fault. Where upon we shall make a decision: 1 – To replace the item like for like. 2 – Make an allowance for the final acceptance of goods. 3 – Arrange for an independent inspection. 4 – Refuse the claim. Or 5 – Refund the buyer and collect the item.
Cancellation of Goods
- Please note that you have the right to cancel any online order within 14 days, unless the following applies:
- Items which cannot be resold for health and hygiene reasons once unwrapped (for example mattresses, bedding, pillows, etc. that the product seal / bag has been opened);
- Flat pack furniture that has been partially or fully assembled
- Bespoke for You items.
- Please note; all "Bespoke" items sold from this site will be specially ordered from the relevant manufacturer at time of order. These are goods which are not held in stock by Benjamin's Interiors. Please consider that all goods will need ordering from the manufacturer unless you have written communication (by email) to confirm that the goods are available from stock. "Bespoke" items cannot be cancelled once ordered and been accepted by Benjamin's Interiors. Please take time to carefully check your order confirmation and report any errors by e-mail within 24 hours of receipt.
- All returns are subject to a collection charge of £25, this charge will be deducted from any refund due. unless agreed otherwise.
- If you wish to cancel your order you can do so by contacting the sales team at [email protected] You must do this as soon as possible. If the order has already been dispatched, then we may not be able to cancel the delivery. Once we acknowledge receipt of your cancellation, you will receive a full refund using the same method as your original payment. A cancellation notice, together with your receipt will be posted to your nominated address.
Any items ordered on-line cannot be exchanged or returned to the store.
This must be done by contacting [email protected]
Any Credit notes issued in store are for store use only and not vaild on-line.
(Store Credit notes are only vaild for one year from the date of issue)
- Refunds will be processed using the same method used for ordering. Any returned orders will be subject to a £25 collection charge, this charge will be deducted from any refund due.
After we have acknowledged your request we ask you to do the following things to assist with the uplift of the goods:
- Ensure that the furniture is returned in the condition in which it was received. We will not be able to refund the goods in full if there are any signs of damage or misuse. Please retain the packaging and return goods in their original wrappings.
- Please make the furniture available for collection within 7 days.
- We will refund to you all the monies paid for the goods excluding any delivery charges.
- Please note we cannot accept the return of the following items:
- i. Mattresses and divan beds, pillows or bedding unless unopened and in their original packaging.
- ii. Any partially assembled flat pack furniture unless the item is found to be faulty.
Once the goods are back at our warehouse and have been inspected, we will confirm the refund amount due by e-mail and make the repayment within 7 days. A final cancellation notice together with your receipt will be posted to your nominated address.
Please note for card refunds it can take up to 7 working days from the date that we process the repayment for your account provider to re-credit you with the amount due.
Any items ordered on-line cannot be exchanged or returned to the store. This must be done by contacting [email protected]
- Benjamins Interiors are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018, once enacted. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised shopping experience.
- If we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website. Benjamins Interiors will be what is known as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us, and we will sometimes refer to ourselves in this notice as “we” or “us”. By Data Controller, this means Benjamins Interiors determines the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
- Should you need to contact us please email us at [email protected]
When you buy goods from us, you are entering into a contract with us. So we can set this up we will ask you to provide some personal information such as:
- full name
- address (for delivery and billing)
- contact numbers
- email address
As an existing customer if you have shopped with us using a credit or debit card, or we have taken these details for a payment authorisation, we will securely collect and store this payment card information. New customers and existing customers whose payment cards have expired will be asked if they would like to automatically store these details in order to speed up the payment process.
In order to undertake website personalisation, we will also gather information about the devices you use to access our sites (desktop and mobile), and this may include IP address.
If you would like to contact us regarding any issues, collections or enquires please email us at [email protected]
Thank you for shopping at Benjamins Interiors Online.